Below are classes geared towards middle school aged kids. If your child is in preschool up to third grade, click here: http://www.fabulonart.com/art-class-for-k3rd-grade-kids-who-love-art
2017 Summer Sessions
Students will explore a variety of materials, art forms, artists, cultures, and ways of seeing art. This is an ideal opportunity for students interested in creative arts and applying to schools specializing in art. Portfolio worthy projects.
Sessions taught by professional teachers who are also practicing artists.
- Week 1: June 12-16 - Printmaking on paper and fabric. Artist will use linoleum, wood, gel, and other materials. They will carve and layer to create cool graphics for framing or fashion.
- Week 2: June 19-23 - Graffiti: Words as art. Lines and mark making are the elements artists will use. Keith Haring, Andy Warhol, Banksy, and even Charleston artists will be inspiration. Skills will cross over to other areas. Projects will be personal and decorative. Artist will also collaborate on work on Fabulon's exterior for all to see. Includes Field Trip to Alycia Aly in Avondale.
- Week 3: June 26 -30 - Sculpture: found items, plaster, wire, clay. 3D art. Artists will make a variety of multi faceted projects to have fun while learning physics, mechanics, form, and balance.
- Week 4: July 10-14 - Painting. Artists will work on wood and canvas. They will use acrylic, watercolor and other media. Several portfolio worthy paintings will be created.
- Week 5: July 17-21 - Clay: functional and decorative pieces. Artist will hand build fabulous pieces. Fantasy creatures, realistic architecture, serving dishes to use for food, anything is possible with clay. We will make pinch pots, carve relief work, create additive pieces.
- Week 6: July 24-28 - Drawing: from imagination and real life. Learn ways of seeing and organizing ideas to create drawings like you never thought you could!
Price: $250 per week
Students should bring lunch and a drink.
Age range: 8 - 13 years old
Address: Fabulon, 1017 Wappoo Rd
Want more information? Give us your email or phone number and we'll get in touch with you right away to answer any questions you have.