Outdoor painting workshop for artists
On location at a Wadmalaw Island Plantation
The home of LEAP
Lowcountry Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
Paint in the gorgeous pastures while horses roam.
May 13th 1-4pm. $100
Come enjoy this serene environment of a family-owned farm on beautiful Wadmalaw Island. There will be plenty of beauty to inspire your work and shade to stay comfortable outside.
The dedicated practitioners of LEAP Lowcountry Equine Assisted Psychotherapy have generously allowed us to draw, paint, and photograph on site. They will even introduce us to the gentle horses they use in their work.
This is geared for artist with some basic experience in painting. Ideally this event is tailored to studies and information gathering from the beauty offered at this site and coaching as you work.
Fabulon with provide two instructors: professional artist and teacher, Susan Irish and, award-winning artist and teacher Meyriel J. Edge. They will incorporate some of the Plein Air philosophy referring to the traditional process of painting outdoors, on location, in an impressionistic style. However, artists may work in any style preferred.
· The day will begin with a short drawing exercise with techniques for capturing subjects quickly.
· There will be an opportunity to make a series of studies with a live model (horse, of course).
· Organizational tips and best approaches for painting outside will be discussed.
· There will be a demonstration of techniques for capturing the effects of light while working with a limited color palette.
· Students will make several small studies during the day from desired spots on the farm.
Fabulon will provide some basic drawing materials for the exercise portion. Artists need to bring their own supplies.
oil or acrylic paint (specific color suggestions will be sent upon registration)
brushes, palettes, liquid containers, medium
clean up material/paper towels, bugs spray and sunscreen.
Plan to work on canvas, panels, wood, or paper but we suggest that you consider working on smaller sizes. Bring what you like.
If you have a French easel or portable easel, please bring it. LEAP will share their folding chairs. There is running water and plenty of parking on site.